Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ooh! Shiny!

For those of you with short attention spans who were either bored or decided that my Back again, no I am not dead post was too long, here is a shorter post that might interest you. For a while, probably a few months I have been playing Terraria, but since Terraria is no longer being developed .
I along with my friend Charley (chc4) have taken it upon ourselves, the past couple months to mod and hack Terraria, it has been much fun, but as of lately I have fallen out of interest with it, and I am starting newer things. One of those is playing Dead Island.
Dead Island if you have to describe it, or how I describe it is: If L4D2 and Dead Rising, while in an adrenaline fueled drunken love fest conceived a child while on an island, that baby would be Dead Island.
With the weapon modding and skill levels as Dead Rising but with the hack and slash (in my opinion) if L4D2, mixed with the sometimes off voice acting. Take for instance in the opening intro sceen where Logan Carter (the former has-been football star) confronts you while drunk near the bar and says the line "Do you know who I am? Do you know who you're fucking talking to?" The first line is ok expect when he utters "Or maybe you saw me in the Play-Offs" This is where the voice acting goes flat and sounds as if it was done by a completely different voice actor.
Besides that small little sore point, which I may point out that it does not take away from the entire game experience, and you can in fact skip it if you chose. The Game has a wide selection of weapons, and while it does have guns, I found the melee weapons to be the most satisfying.
If you wish to add me on steam my username is Zestypanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment